Trapped – Chaos Effect
Trapped is located in Markham, on Highway 7 and Woodbine. It was nearly a year and a half before we’ve been back to Trapped, who finally finished their final room. We tagged along with the super team E4G, to try to tackle their hardest room.
**Note we played this room back in the Spring.**
Long story short: You find yourself in what seems to be a crime scene… i’m not sure how much more we can reveal !
Creativity and Design: Did it sell the story / theme?
Summary: Not up-to-par with other Trapped set design, but some effort was there.
+ A simple set design that plays well with the major game mechanic
– at times the props were not consistent after ‘travelling’ through rooms
– environmental noises were too loud in our game, more distracting than immersive
Bells and Whistles: Was it more than lockboxes?
Summary: Good, but it would have been better to have more variety.
+ No tech hiccups
– The “Travelling” mechanic was fun the first time, but annoying on subsequent uses
– Storytelling tech was a bit overused, could have been concise or used different methods
Intuitive: Did you have to be inside the designer’s mind to solve it?
Summary: Good Gameplay mechanics that were clunky by design
+ The puzzles were mostly straightforward
– We did require a few hints
– One communication mechanic was slow and not responsive, which affected our game
Staff Support/Price : Were they friendly? Were they helpful? What was the Damage?
Our GM was very friendly and provided a good customer service. Remember that in order to play this game Trapped requires you to at least have played a few of their rooms before they allow you to play this.
Feedback from other enthusiasts was more positive with this room. One who played the same room in Calgary and has recommend it to other players, while another played the same room twice (same location) a month earlier and found it enjoyable.
For price details check out their website!
Overall: We waited nearly 1.5 years to play this room and it wasn’t as solid as we were expecting. But as we said, some others enjoyed it, so give it a try and judge for yourself.
For more information check out: