Escape OK – Top Secret Mission
Escape Ok is located in Richmond Hill just north of Major Mac on Yonge St, in an old plaza by an All-Star wings. A relatively new entry to the escape scene, we asked around, but none of our friends had tried it. This time we went with Team K-Pop to try it with no expectations, but hopeful it would be good.
Long Story Short: You are spies trying to get information from a top ranking officer, etc lasers and mirrors and all.
Creativity and Design: Did it sell the story / theme?
Summary: Nothing fancy, but some ‘fun’ components
+ A large room with a good amount of puzzles, but fairly linear
+ Good use of ‘office-like’ themed components
Bells and Whistles: Was it more than lockboxes?
Summary: They still have some kinks
+ For the most part, clever use of tech
– the agility-based task was the most difficult we’ve come across yet, it would not be doable for some players
– It was unclear if we were having tech issues, we repeated some task-based puzzles a few times because of “specific rules”, so it may be GM driven.
Intuitive: Did you have to be inside the designer’s mind to solve it?
Summary: The puzzles set off some red flags for us.
+ Responsive Hint system: Walkie-talkie hints
– Direction could have been provided with some of the puzzles
– some outside knowledge is required
– the agility-based task is really strict about the requirements, which isn’t emphasized
Staff Support/Price : Were they friendly/helpful? What was the Damage?
The staff was a bit of a mixed bag. One staff member provided good customer service, while the other was the opposite. When we were trying to give feedback the “other” staff wasn’t receptive but very defensive on the few comments we had.
The current price is can be found on their website
Overall: With some puzzle tweaks the room could be decent, or you could just go to other escapes nearby.
For more information check out: